Subject: Re: [dita] Under-specification for @refcol?

It might be something we could tackle in the automated linking proposal now slated for 1.3. I wouldn't touch it for 1.2 at this stage.

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>

09/02/2009 09:36 AM

"DITA TC list " <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[dita] Under-specification for @refcol?

In dita-users list this week
(http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/15537), Kristen made
the observation that the DITA 1.1 specification for simpletable's @refcol
attribute gives very little insight into how it should be implemented. It
appears that the original intent at the time might have anticipated the
"associative linking" thoughts that have since matured as the keyref
processing specification. Can anyone recall whether we've had previous
discussion for this attribute that needs to be reviewed and added into the
edits for DITA 1.2?

Regards,
--
Don Day