Subject: RE: [dita] Clarification Needed: Keyref on <image>

@href on image is still required by the DTDs and XSDs or has something
changed in this respect since I last updated and looked at the DTDs and
XSDs (way back on 11 May)?

With the implementation of @keyref, @href could be optional on image,
but I don't think any of the DITA 1.2 proposals called for that.  Not
sure if that was deliberate or if we just didn't think of it at the
time.  Of course @keyref existed long before DITA 1.2, so perhaps
someone did think this through long ago and decided that having @href be
required on image was a good idea.

Having @href be required doesn't hurt anything. If @keyref is used, it
just means that there will always be a fallback value to use if the key
isn't defined or can't be resolved.

So Eliot, are you calling for a change to the DTDs and XSDs to make
@href on image optional?  If not, it sounds like the Language Reference
is correct as currently written.

   -Jeff