Subject: comment on DITA 1.2 "title page"

I'm going through the latest DITA 1.2 spec collecting comments,
but I thought I'd send this editorial one to the list, since it
is almost a "process" issue for the TC to decide.

The Overview page includes Authors, Reviewers, Members, Special Thanks.

I don't know of OASIS precedents, but the W3C precedents--and my
preference--is to avoid huge lists of names.  I would hope all of
us on the DITA TC have either been in the business long enough
that we don't feel the need to see our name in print one more time
or are young enough that there will be plenty more opportunities
to put ones name on something, and I really think having a cover
page with a hundred names makes the spec look like a high school
yearbook or something.

Furthermore, individuals are not authors of this spec, the TC is.

Therefore, I suggest:

(1) Preceding "Authors", we have a paragraph saying something like
 "this spec is a product of the DITA TC of OASIS."

(2) Instead of "Authors", call the following list "Editors" (I do
 believe in giving key editors credit).

(3) Delete completely both the "Reviewers" and "Members..." section.

(4) Delete the currently empty "Special Thanks"--this is not an Oscar
 awards presentation.

If the majority of TC members disagree, I'll go with the decision,
but I think what we have now looks unprofessional.

paul