Subject: Re: [dita] Why There are Constraints on Conref

On 9/24/09 4:55 PM, "Su-Laine Yeo" <su-laine.yeo@justsystems.com> wrote:

> Many interesting issues are being raised, and I just want to address one
> of the memes before it spreads:
>

> "Architects could very well try to take advantage of the constraint
> mechanism as a means of improving the usability of the authoring
> templates.
> In so doing, under the current proposal, they would be rendering their
> content unusable outside of their environment."
>

> As I understand the spec, architects who add constraints do not have to
> worry about making their content unusable to others. You can conref
> more-constrained content into less-constrained document types.

Correct.

They might be making content outside their environment unusable *by them*
but they would not be making their content unusable to others who use fewer
constraints.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>