Thanks for taking
minutes. Regarding item #4, on the broken links in the PDF file, this issue
was not resolved before the meeting. IIRC, there was an action item for Seth
to address the links that were broken as a result of the production process,
and another action item for Kris to fix the links to an obsolete topic. I
think Kris might have volunteered to fix the other broken links that are in
the source topics as well.
Community Forums: http://forums.xmetal.com/
From: Bruce Nevin
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subject: [dita] DITA
Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 July
Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 July 2010
DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 20 July 2010 at 08:00am PT for 55
Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
- Moved by
Don, seconded by Bruce, passed by acclamation.
- None today.
- Few and not urgent.
- Su-Laine: AntennaHouse willing to give us
a license if we give credit in the spec. We agree. They need info about
platforms to support.
Public Review Comments:
Decision last week was to track comments in a wiki
page; Don has set this up.
Don: contact those assigned to begin work on comments.
Determine whether or not the Chair can by proxy subscribe TC members to the
comment email feed.
ITEM: Kris's list of "items we failed to capture on a wiki page"
- Add consistent metadata to DITA files,
- Clean up inconsistent tagging,
especially vis-a-vis normative terms
- Correct any build errors
- Remove old revision tracking information
- Clean up
SVN, remove any duplicate files
items 3 and 5 remain open for input, particularly from Robert.
Kris: combine items 3 and 5 on the agenda.
ITEM: PDF broken links
o reported by Su-Laine Yeo.
before start of meeting.
ITEM: Testimonials from organizations using DITA 1.2
listed a page for this. Needs a more prominent location. This location needs
to be publicly accessible, and the public needs to be able to edit so as to
provide their testimonials, but not able to modify others' submissions. Don:
they could use the comment mechanism, and someone on the TC could transcribe
into the internal location. Link to comments is on the TC's public frontpage.
Don: add to agenda for next week item to step through this process.
ACTION: JoAnn: update the Adoption TC paper on
Don: track this comment and its resolution on the TC's wiki.
clear up ambiguities on this in the
ITEM: Use of Syntax elements
o Other inputs to gather? (Pickett, Vasquez, others?)
Tony will register
this item on the Adoption TC's feature article list. Need to advise him of
relevant resources, such as Deborah Pickett's SVG handler.
Eric will look
into IBM materials that can be released. The algorithm has been documented for
an inline WYSIWYG syntax editor developed at Cisco, and that spec may be