OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 26 October 2010

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 26 October 2010
Chaired by Don Day <donday@bga.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>
The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 26 October 2010 at 08:00am PT for 45 minutes.
8:00-8:05 Roll call
  o Regrets: Park, Yeo
> Quorum was achieved.


Approve minutes from previous business meeting:

  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00122.html (Nevin)
> Moved by Don, seconded by Kris, approved by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports: 
  o OASIS DITA Adoption TC
> A lot of activity. Short but important tools article. Most important currently is work of subcommittees. 
> SC for dita.xml.org has developed plans to improve the site. 
> Asian Adoption SC organized to drive DITA adoption in the AsiaPac region, chaired by Matthew Voorhis from Citrix, with participants from India, China, Japan, and Australia. First meeting in a couple of weeks.
> Help Adoption SC making good progress.
> Other feature articles in the works to be announced as available. Every one of them now needs a 30 day public review before publishing. This will slow publishing but ensure quality. 
> Kris: Also encouraging voting members to vote on DITA 1.2  Gershon: concur, and this will also come up under our business items.

  o OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee (next week)
ACTION: Don: Remind John Hunt of upcoming report

  o OASIS DITA Technical Communication Subcommittee 
> Has resumed, next meeting next Monday)


1. ITEM: Status of OASIS Ballot prep:
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00135.html (Clarification question, Eberlein)
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00136.html (Mary McRae)
> The organizational members are listed in the spreadsheet that can be downloaded from Kris's link above. The primary organizational member's vote takes precedence, but if they don't vote then the first alternate member's vote is determinative. Since the list is updated the first of the month, we will have the definitive list by next week's meeting. We need 15% affirmative votes of about 327, or a bit more than 50 people. Michael: We have 40 or so organizations listed as DITA TC members. Kris: Others are using DITA. It's just a question of getting people to vote. 

ACTION: Kris: Send note to dita alias asking for followup with (or as) the organizational members.

2. ITEM: Finding descriptions of DITA attributes
  o Confirm what was our disposition last week?
> Gershon: discussed at Adoption TC meeting, as decided last week. An ongoing open item, pending resolution of discussion between Robert and Su-Laine.

3.	ITEM: rubric for SC brainstorming--consensus on Jang's wording?
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00126.html (Graat)
> The recommended paragraph as discussed in email:
> This document reflects exploratory work. It is not a reliable guide on the future direction of DITA. It should not be taken as guidance for using DITA or for developing DITA tools. 
> Don moved to approve this wording, Bruce seconded, approved unanimously.
> Don: post an example document in kavi containing this paragraph so that it can be copies and pasted from there. Don will come up with an appropriate title, such as process notes for subcommittees, and post it.

ACTION: Don: Send email to chair of each SC advising them of this requirement.
ACTION: Don: post process notes file to Kavi.

4.	ITEM: Resume review of packaging survey (Buchholz and Hackos action)
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00004.html (Buchholz)
  o Michael's email to Mary
> JoAnn will initiate survey in a tool at her disposal after we had a chance to read and possibly comment on the questions.

ACTION: Tilo: upload proposed survey questions for our review.

5.	ITEM: TC discussion about post-1.2 packaging
> Hold until after the survey results are in.

6.	ITEM: DITA for Programmers SC--establish next checkpoint
  o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201010/msg00075.html (Anderson)
> Ongoing 

7.	ITEM: Review action items generated by this meeting

8:40-8:45 Announcements/Opens
8:45 Adjourn

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]