Subject: RE: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 11 January 2011

Re:

> 2. New ITEM: microXML and the future of DITA
>
> o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201101/msg00004.html (Day)
>
> Is this an issue that we need to track here? Discussion indicates that
> although this is not an 'official' issue, there is potential concern.
> Web 2.0 Workgroup interested in watching it. If applications
supporting
> uXML are primarily oriented to HTML-5, will they preclude DITA? The TC
> will leave this issue for the DITA for the web SC to monitor.
>
> 3. New ITEM: Ruminations on the structure of the DITA Standard
>
> o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201101/msg00009.html
(Nitchie)

> Consideration for DITA 2.0. Might make the uXML issue more manageable.
> Michael: uXML is proposal for . . .

> ACTION (Eliot): review to confirm that James is not doing anything
> that is unworkable.
>
> ACTION (Dita for the Web SC): monitor this.

Most of the discussion (that I elided) under item 3 appears really
to be a discussion of item 2.  In particular, the two actions are,
I believe, in response to item 2.

I assume TC members who are interested in this topic--especially
those who want to monitor related discussion--have seen my email at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201101/msg00007.html
where I gave pointers to the W3C task force on this topic (which
includes James Clark and others).

> 4. New ITEM: wiki.oasis-open.org pages in search results
>
> o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201101/msg00010.html (Yeo)
>
> o Discuss any further recommendations; Chairs to forward requests to
Robin Cover

> Michael: We don't want to put up barriers to search, openness is a
> critical value. We might reduce its ranking. Alternative: put a link
at
> the top of such pages pointing to the latest info. Don: this would
> raise the google search rank. Su-Laine: But you're right, clearer
> labeling is needed on these pages.
>
> Rather than push old items down, we can pull official pages up in
> prominence, e.g. by adding links. Don: this is a problem for other
> standards in OASIS.
>
> ACTION (Don, Kris): Forward discussion to Robert Carr for OASIS
> recommendation.

There may very well be a Robert Carr working for OASIS, but I
wonder if what was mean here is Robin Cover.

paul