Subject: Re: [dita] Why does <glossgroup> not allow <titlealts>?

I think the reasoning is flawed: content from the base should be allowed
unless there's some irrefutable reason to disallow it.

For example, I might want to have separate navigation titles or search
titles for my glossary groups, for example to reflect the specific glossary
when I have many glossaries (and thus many glossary groups) in my search
repository.

Shortdesc and body I can agree with--if the primary intent of <glossgroup>
is to be generated and thus would not normally have any way to get a short
description, abstract, or body or if the intent is to impose constraints so
that tools can safely assume that a glossary group could only hold glossary
entries.

But if <glossgroup> is just a specialization of <topic> with the semantic
"groups glossary entries for some purpose" then leaving those elements out
cannot be justified because you cannot presume how that very general
semantic might be applied.

In general, we need to be very careful not to impose any constraints that
are very strongly motivated.