Subject: Precise meaning of @locktitle

We may have discussed this before, but in the process of trying to explain
the effect of @locktitle, I noticed that the reference entry for @loctitle
says:

"yes
    The navtitle in the map is used."

However, it doesn't specify used *in what context". I think the intent is
"used in the navigation tree" and not, in particular, "used as the title of
the topic as rendered in the main content rendition", but this wording is a
bit ambiguous.

I think we probably need to clarify this in 1.3.

Also, can someone confirm that DITA provides no direct or map-based way to
impose a title onto a topic.

That is, if the <title> used in a topic is "Generic Title", I have no way of
saying in a map "use the value 'Specific Title' as the effective title of
this topic in the main content rendition. Correct?

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 512.554.9368
www.reallysi.com
www.rsuitecms.com