Subject: Re: [dita] Question about default for @format when linking to file.htm

Keep in mind the RFC-2119 meanings of the normative terms:

MUST
This word, or the terms "required" or "shall", mean that the definition is an absolute requirement of the specification.
SHOULD
This word, or the adjective "recommended", means that there may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances to ignore a particular item, but the full implications must be understood and carefully weighed before choosing a different course.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)