OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 07 April 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. Any TC members wanting to review the MathML white paper need to have their comments in by the end of the week.
2. Eliot will fix the grammars in accordance with Bob's bug fix for info-types in troubleshooting topic.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 7 April 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Scott Hudson

Standing Business
Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00050.html (31 March 2015, Nancy Harrison)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Bob, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports
Adoption TC
Stan; we had a merger/reorg with TechComm Adoption SC, which augmented the TC. Various white papers are in planning and/or about to be reviewed. 'Feature Article table' is our planning document and scheduling tool. For 1.3, about 6 white papers are completed, others almost done, and others in progress, including one on scoped keys by Leigh. It looks like between late April and mid-June all will come into review. Looking for DITA TC feature sponsors for the features discussed in the white papers to review those relevant white papers.
Kris; recommended that whenever there's a white paper, it gets posted officially to DITA TC list, since some TC members don't read the Adoption TC (or TechComm Adoption SC) mail.
Stan; that sounds good; we'll add that to agenda of next Adoption TC mtg. to discuss.

April 21 TC call cancelled because of CIDM/NA conference

1. Action items
- Action items from 2 December 2014:
Eliot: Move RNG-to-DTD-XSD generator code to GitHub
Eliot; moved all code to Github, haven't had a chance to test it; updated all grammars, all xsds pass validation tests, fixed all grammars are ready and can be used; will work on code generation stuff ready for general public. [completed]
- Action items from 13 January 2015
Nancy and Kris: Schedule meeting with Jean-Jacques Thomasson (Completed)
- Action items from 10 February 2015
Robert: Draft new normative languages about keys and subjectScheme
- Action items from 17 February 2015
Robert: Rewrite key definition precedence text (with input from Kris and Chris) and accommodate Eliot's concern
- Action items from 3 March 2015
Don: Follow-up on dita.xml.org call (Completed)
- Action items from 10 March and 24 March 2015
All TC members: Review linking material and comment in DITA web (Completed)
- Action items from 31 March 2015
Kris and Robert: Meet to discuss linking review
Kris; we didn't meet, will try for next week.

2. Report re: meeting with Jean-Jacques Thommason
Kris; all TC member attendees (Kris, Michael, Eliot, Robert, Nancy), as well as Jean-Jacques Francoise (translator, from Ixiasoft), called, but Jean-Jacques Thomasson did not; we will mark this item as completed and move on.

3. Report about meeting re: dita.xml.org (Day, Priestley, Eberlein)
Don; mtg was held 4/6/15. The meeting clarified policies and expectations; included a discussion of comparisons between
[see and link to his mail]. Final goal is to keep supporting the site
Kris; looking to see demos from Mekon & SuiteSolutions solution 4/13 or 4/29. Going forward, site needs TLC from TC members.

4. Draft versions of the spec published in SuiteHelp and Titania (originally HARP)
Kris; some of the TC met w/Chet Ensign of OASIS about implications of publishing versions of the spec by third parties.
Chris; fyi, Titania is separate company from Harp; called Titania Delivery; it's meant to be purely a content delivery solution, to be used after the CM phase. It supports multiple delivery channels. default look and feel, and addresses adaptive design, full DITA processing, It's not using DITA-OT because it's a cloud-based solution, so delivery had to be customized to make it fast and efficient.

5. Guidelines for externally-published versions of the DITA spec
Kris; I updated the spec to make this more workable. Implementors need to be careful that their implementations all include the OASIS-required data in the above email. I'm also wondering if we should maintain a working draft that we know is correct. XML @s were not being processed correctly (presumably because they weren't processing the XML Mention domain, which is used by them).
Tom; do we want to get into having to QA such things?
Kris; we wouldn't have to do QA on them
Tom; if we accept their existence, dont' we have to make sure they're not misleading/confusing by being wrong?
Kris; if we were at point of committee draft, yes; but we have no test suite we run it thru; it's what we've already done.
Tom; so we're publishing source DITA?
Kris; source DITA for the spec is already available; people are grabbing it and using it. So we publish it as usual with a big 'working draft' stamp.
Tom; but what if we make a mistake, and then the other published versions do the same?
Chris; e.g., if you have an empty xref pointing to a definition, it isn't being rendered,
Kris; that does render correctly in our output.
Tom; I just want to be sure we're doing it correctly.
Don; for DITA-OT produced output, we have pretty high confidence, they've been refined over many years. specifically, it's the 'keyword' @s that didn't render.
Chris; I think they're publishing 1.3 with 1.2 doctypes.
Kris; any other thoughts for/against publishing a working draft?
Dick; I think it's a great idea, for others and ourselves.
Stan; One advantage to publishing it is that it will increase pressure on vendors to implement 1.3 early.
Kris; well, there's a high level of interest, and if vendors publish it, I want there to be a 'reference version.'
[will continue conversation on list]

6. New item: MathML white paper from Adoption TC
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00003.html (Eberlein, 1 April 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00009.html (Magliery, 1 April 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00010.html (Eberlein, 1 April 2015)
Kris; I reviewed the response to the white paper. Has everyone who want's to review the MathML white paper had a chance to do so?
Eliot; I'll get my last comments back to Autumn.
Autumn; thanks to Tom and Eliot for reviwing it so quickly.
Kris; if people have comments, pls submit them by end of week
ActionItem: Any TC members wanting to review the MathML white paper need to have their comments in by the end of the week.

7. New item: Trouble with task-info-types in troubleshooting.dtd
Bob; George Bina noticed that 'topic' element was available as sub-topic to 'troubleshooting'. I had made an error, so it needs to be fixed in all the grammars.
Kris; Does anyone have any concerns? It's what was in line with proposals.
Bob; it's a bug fix.
ActionItem; Eliot will fix the grammars.

8. New item: Key scopes for subjectdef versus controlled attribute values
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00013.html (Anderson)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00014.html (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00017.html (Eberlein)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00019.html (Anderson)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00033.html (Eberlein)
(all email from 3 April 2015)
Kris; There was a slew of emails followed by a suggestion by Robert, (see Robert's email). Any concerns with adopting this?
Eliot; the only thing is that, somewhere, we need to make it clear that this has the effect of making subjectscheme work as expected, but it's up to you to make names unique without depending on keysocope.
[resolution; Kris has updated the spec]

9. New item: Definition of "root map"
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00044.html (Eberlein)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00045.html (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00046.html (Kimber)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00048.html (Magliery)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00049.html (Kimber)
(all email from 6 April 2015)
Kris; we use 'root map; a lot, but don't define it anywhere. I think the basic definition is: 'DITA map that's provided as input to a processor'.
EricS; does that exclude Eclipse maps? We reference a 'root' map from an Eclipse map.
Eliot; no, it's whatever we feed to the processor; it doesn't matter if it's specialized or not;
Kris; we'll also need to be clear about 'peer map' and 'submap'
Nancy; so will we add these terms to the spec?
Kris; We need to leave that till Robert is on the call, as spec editor, but we need to resolve the definitions. I think we understand them in the TC, but since we don't define them, other folks are coming up with alternate, conflicting terms.
Eliot; submap was used oconsistently in DITA 1.2. There was a distinction made between maps ref'd as scope="peer" and submaps with scope defined as "local".
Kris; We're not talking about changes, just consistency and formality in terminology.
[leave this open on the mailing list]

10. New item: Updates to grammars pending
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00047.html (Kimber, 6 April 2015)
Eliot; I've updated grammars and fixed all noted bugs in RNGs and XSDs; I also normalized file names to remove 'mod' qualifier for domain names. All tests now run. Also, URNs in Learning&Training 1,2 were different from other domains, they're now consistent. We should be ready to start testing in earnest.
Kris; Questions?
Dave; thanks, Eliot

11. Targeted reviews progress: January - April 2015
- Schedule for targeted reviews:
Progress on branch filtering: Comments assigned dispositions; editing in progress
Processing etc.: All voting members are asked to participate
March 10-16: Linking Linking (10 pages)
TBD: Direct addressing; Keys; Keys revisited
- Linking DITAweb review
Participation (Eberlein, 31 March 2015)
Excerpts from the targeted review (Eberlein, 31 March 2015)
Kris; We'll have direct addressing up for review soon.

12. Review #2 comments: All on hold
Continued item: Subject scheme (on hold until after targeted review of subject scheme material & action items)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201411/msg00078.html (Eberlein, 28Nov14
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201412/msg00025.html (Nitchie, 8Dec14
LATEST: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201501/msg00069.html (Kimber, 20Jan15)

13. Review #1 comments re subjectdef elements and key scopes (on hold; might be resolved by new item above)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201407/msg00029.html Eberlein, 20Jul14
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201407/msg00032.html Nitchie, 21Jul14
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201407/msg00033.html Eberlein, 21Jul14
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201407/msg00034.html Kimber, 21Jul14
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201407/msg00035.html Priestley, 21Jul14
[resolved by above discussion of item #8]

meeting closed at 11:56

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 07 April 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-04-09 03:00:27

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]