Subject: Fwd: Re: Actions from dita.xml.org meeting 6 April 2015

For the TC record... the dita.xml.org meeting minutes (amended) mentioned at the 7 April TC call.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 12:07:49 -0400
From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
To: Don Day (LbyW) <donday@learningbywrote.com>, Michael Priestley <mpriestl@ca.ibm.com>, JoAnn Hackos <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>

Just a few clarifying additions.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

On 4/7/2015 11:06 AM, Don Day (LbyW) wrote:
The goal of the meeting was to clarify policies and expectations for selection of a technology for dita.xml.org  RfP. Resolved:

1. Reiterated the simple contstraint that the proposed solution must suck less than the current Drupal solution
2. It must function as a community resource site (access to shared materials)
3. Less formally, it should have a path to idea exchange with the community
<kje>A less formal mechanism for the DITA TCs to communicate with the larger DITA community</kje>
4. As soon as possible, it should have a path for access to managed content  (R/W for members; RO for non-members)
<kje>Content must be able to be extracted from the repository if we want to move to a different platform.</kje>

Don will work on arranging possible dates for demos.
<kje>Target dates: Monday, 13 and 27 April at 1 PM ET</kje>

We have an ongoing concerns for how ensure consistent curation and community support.

--
Don R. Day
Founding Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

Avast logo

Avast logo