OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [SPAM] [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 December 2018 uploaded

My comment about Vasont is not quite correct.

In the CCMS interface, the component or object name appears. This name is also used to display the topic name in maps. The CCMS has options to display the navtitle, but it is not displayed by default. The component name may or may not be the topic title.


Deb Bissantz | Applications Engineer

Vasont Systems

A TransPerfect Company

t +1 717.793.3883


From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Nancy Harrison
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:02 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [SPAM] [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 December 2018 uploaded


Submitter's message
1. Kris will respond to dita-comment mail about 'Multiple examples in a strict task'.
2. Eliot will look into learningAggregationsTopicrefConstraintMod.xsd issue (discrepancy between 1.3 Errata .01 and .02) raised by Tom.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 11 December 2018
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Bill Burns, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Alan Houser, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Dawn Stevens,

1. Roll call
Regrets: Tom Magliery, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
04 December 2018:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201812/msg00012.html (Harrison, 13 December 2018)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Bill, approved by TC
11 December 2018:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201812/msg00013.html (Harrison, 13 December 2018)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Bill, approved by TC

3. Announcements:
New TC members: None
Carlos; a book about LwD was published yesterday, will be available from Amazon today.
[congratulations from TC members to Carlos!]

4. Action items
21 August 2018
Kris & Robert: Perform the best edit of multimedia topics that they can do in time available; due 18 September
11 September 2018
Kris: Review conversation with Joe Pairman, e-mails about metadata, and TC discussion in late 2017/early 2018; summarize to TC
30 October 2018:
Kris: Submit request to publish committee note (COMPLETED)
Kris: Open GitHub issue for committee note PDF issue regarding formatting (some URLs are not blue) on coverpage
13 November 2018
Eliot: Test refactoring of grammar files
Spec editors incorporate changes from DITAweb review
[no change to any items]

5. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
[reminder to those with 1/8
- Kris; Robert, do you have any response to the reviews on your chunking proposal?
- Robert; I haven't had a chance to look at them; waiting for review from Eliot
- Eliot; I'll have my review done before end of year.

6. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
Initial discussion
Issue 16: titlealts improvements
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201812/msg00016.html (Nitchie, 17 December 2018)
Chris gave overview; the original requirement was to add alternate titles to maps. Since bookmap plays games with titles, and defines all the various alternate titles as specializations of 'ph', whenever a processor needs to display a map title, it has to figure out what it is. Since topics already have titlealts, I thought that would be good to add to maps as well. Someone suggested also allowing titlealts to topicrefs as well; the proposal tries to allow for alternate titles to both maps and topics in a consictent way. Navtitle and searchtitle would become specializations of a new titlealt element; titlllealt would be child of titlealts.
The proposal suggests making titlealt info in a map take precedence over actual topic titles by default. User can specify a series of titlealt elements under parent titlealts. Proposal would make it easier for new users of DITA, but will impose a fairly heavy cost to migrators, which will make it somewhat controversial.
- Eliot; changing the navtitle/locktitle behavior would be a 'service to the world'; it will benefit everyone in long run.
- Robert; I'm worried about the migration cost, but it would make DITA much more intuitive to new users.
- Eliot; and the migration is fairly straightforward.
- Robert; yes, we're already doing away with @locktitle, so there's not a big additional migration cost, but there would be a big mental adjustment for authors.
- Kris; as a side question; does anyone have data on how many editors actually retrieve titles directly from topic? I know Oxygen does, and so does SDL's CMS.
- Chris; Arbortext does not; puts it into navtitle.
- Kris; Ixiasoft strips off navtitle @s by default; it's an interesting question.
- Bill; I think Xmetal generates a navtitle from title.
- Kris; right, that wasn't the case in earlier releases, but it is now.
- Deb; Vasont just applies navtitle.
- Kris; i will be doing reviews of CMS's for Simple A; if anyone thinks of useful questions, just let me know.

7. dita-comment list
Multiple examples in a strict task
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201812/msg00002.html (Wurst, Wolf-Dieter, 17 December 2018)
Kris; I will respond to this
***ActionItem: Kris will respond to this comment.

8. New item: learningAggregationsTopicrefConstraintMod.xsd: to be or not to be?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201812/msg00014.html (Magliery, 13 December 2018)
- Kris; Tom noticed this. There's a discrepancy between the files in Errata .01 and .02; we could add this to a list of errata .03 items, though I really don't want to have an errata .03, or we can fix it in 2.0.
- Eliot; it's not worth an .03, but I'll look into it.
***ActionItem: Eliot will look into this.
- Kris; the only reason to do another errata to 1.3 would be for something earthshaking.

11:28 am ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison

Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 December 2018

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2018-12-18 09:01:20


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]