OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 21 April 2020 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems: None

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 21 April 2020
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegman, Jim Tivy


1. Roll call
Regrets: Stan Doherty, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Zoe Lawson, Carsten Brennecke

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
14 April 2020
X (Lawson + Eberlein, 21 April 2020)
- Kris; not out yet; TC will get it right after meeting

3. Announcements

4. Action items
[updates only; see agenda for complete list]
09 April 2019
Nancy: Does SVG zip file need to be in techcomm grammar folder?
- Nancy; this can get removed; it's left over from the SVG domain item I completed recently.
- Kris; will get removed.

5. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
[updates only]
Stage two
(Zoe) Remove machinery task and task requirements domain (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/350)
(./) 13 April 2020: Proposal to reviewers
17 April 2020: Reviewers get feedback to Zoe
- Kris; Robert, can you get your feedback to zoe on this?
- Robert; will get feedback out to Zoe today

(CarlosKris) New multimedia elements for base (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/351)
(./) 21 April 2020: Proposal to reviewers (Carlos, Chris?)
- Kris; I'll get my updates out today

(Nitchie) Add titlealts elements to map (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/16)
(./) 16 February 2019: New stage two proposal to reviews (Anderson, Eberlein, Frank Wegmann)
(./) 28 February 2020: Reviewers provide feedback to Nitchie --Completed by Frank Wegmann
(./) 27 March 2020: Anderson to provide feedback
(./) 14 April 2020: Initial TC discussion
(./) 21 April 2020: Vote by TC
[see vote below]

Stage three
(Schengili-Roberts) Strong and em elements (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/107)
27 January 2020 25 February 2020: Proposal to reviewers (Doherty, Evia)
13 April 2020: Initial TC discussion
- Kris; when can we see this?
- Keith; I made the final edits, so it's done.
- Kris; final version needs to go to the list before we can vote on it.
- Keith; will do, so it will be ready by next week.

6. Continuing item: Prep work for developing a strawman schedule for DITA 2.0
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202002/msg00006.html (Eberlein, 04 February 2020
Summary of DITA 2.0 triage
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202003/msg00018.html (Eberlein, 10 March 2020)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202003/msg00032.html (Eberlein, 17 March 2020)
OASIS process for spec approval
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202003/msg00033.html (Eberlein, 17 March 2020)
On hold until Kris has drafted expanded schedule
[no updates]

7. Simple table question
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202004/msg00006.html (Anderson, 17 April 2020)
- Robert; this is related to Carlos's simpletable proposal. Carsten noticed that techcomm tables based on simpletable weren't covered. I agreed with him that changes should apply there, but wyhen I went to implement the changes, I realized there were issues. For example, for choicetables, you must have both option and description elements in every cell, so there's no possibility of spanning. For properties tables, I've had requests to span rows. but column spanning is less useful; each column has a definite purpose. So given those constraints, I've implemented it so that both tables get titles, choicetables get no spanning, properties tables can span rows but not columns.
- Chris; having semantic elements specialized for presentational reasons makes me sad, but given the situation, it needs to be done.
- Robert; yeah, we know that these are actually just data structures, not necessarily tables, but that's what we've had since 1.0.
- Kris; is this what you've already implemented? And have you made the changes to the langref topics for those tables?
- Robert; I've implemented the changes, but no changes to the langref topics, because techcomm doesn't yet have @ values filled out for any elements.
- Kris; we neds to plan techcomm in terms of the work to be done. we'll need a lot more people to work on langref files.
- Robert; agree

8. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
[no updates]

9. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202004/msg00003.html (Nitchie, 11 April 2020)
Chris moved to do this, 2nd by Frank
Voting results:
yes votes 12 (Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Eric Sirois, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegman)
no votes 0

10. Spec work completed
[no updates]

11. Approved DITA 2.0 proposals
Working draft #07
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201912/msg00054.html (Eberlein, 18 December 2019)
Tally of approved proposals now included in first topic of PDF
[no updates]

- Kris; anything for next weeks meeting?
would like a report from SCs; Carlos, report with progress on spec?
- Carlos; I'll try
- Kris; and Keith report from adoption?
- Keith; will do

11:19 AM, ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 21 April 2020

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2020-04-21 08:53:11

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]