OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 28 July 2020 uploaded

I think that might have been Zoe.


Deb Bissantz

Manager of Content Services

GlobalLink CCMS

A TransPerfect Company

t +1 717.793.3883
Skype â live:dbissantz



From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Nancy Harrison
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2020 11:57 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 28 July 2020 uploaded


Submitter's message
just fyi, I've listed Deb as having 2nded the motion for removing syntaxdiagram; I realize I'm not 100% of that, so if I'm wrong, please correct me.

1. Robert will add an item to wiki page for 2.0 spec fixes, related to Makita-san's query about @keyref not being defined for some elements in softwareDomain.mod.
2. Kris will verify grammar file content, both RNG and DTD, related to changes for 2.0 proposal #257 (add hardware domain).

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 28 July 2020
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann, Scott Hudson

1. Roll call
Regrets: Gershon Joseph, Eric Sirois

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
07 June 2020
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202007/msg00010.html (Harrison, 07 July 2020)
moved by Kris, 2nd Deb, approved by TC

3. Announcements - none

4. Action items
[updated items only; see agenda for complete list]
07 July 2020:
Kris: Update DITA 2.0 proposal deadline page to include proposals recently advanced to stage 3 COMPLETED
Robert: Add item about removing glossary stubs to appropriate Wiki page
- Kris; Robert, did wiki page fix get done?
- Robert; not sure, I'll check.
- Kris; and ping me when you know.

5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time? How is your state/country doing?
[note: Keith is now at Precision Content.]

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
[updated items only; see web page for complete list]

Stage two
(Eberlein) New element for key text (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/345)
Updated 04 August 2020: Proposal to reviewers (Chris, Carsten)

(Kimber) Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/33)
(./) Due 05 October 2019
(./) 08 October 2019: Initial discussion by TC
27 April August 2020: Revised version to TC
- Eliot; I'll try to get something done by this weekend, we're still in crunch mode
- Kris; or, we may try to get someone else to work on this if you;re really not available...

(Anderson) Split syntaxdiagram from programming domain (X)
(./) 30 June 2020: Proposal to reviewers (Eberlein)
(./) 07 July 2020: Initial discussion by TC
28 July 2020: Vote by TC
[see item #8]

Stage three
(Nitchie) Loosen attribute specialization rules (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/15)
26 May 2020: Early feedback from TC
05 July 2020: Early draft to reviewers (Anderson, Eberlein, Kimber)
? 2020: Submit to reviewers
? 2020: Initial TC discussion
? 2020: Vote by TC
- Kris; let's try to get our reviews back to Chris by end of this week

(Lawson) Remove machinery task and task requirements domain (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/350)
4 July 2020: Submit to reviewers (Kimber, Stevens)
28 July 2020: Initial TC discussion
04 August 2020: Vote by TC
[see item #9 for discussion]

(Stevens) New diagnostic element for troubleshooting (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/316)
?: Proposal to reviewers (Sirois, Harrison)
?: Initial discussion by TC
?: TC vote
- Kris; Dawn, any updates?
- Dawn; let's reschedule for 2 weeks out from today to get it to reviewers
- Kris; so that will be 8/11
- Dawn; right

- Zoe; what about hardware domain? looks like it fell off the list...
- Kris; oops, yes, but it's on agenda for today (item #9)

7. Feedback on dita-comment
keyref attribute is not defined for msgph, userinput, systemoutput and filepath in softwareDomain.mod
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202007/msg00014.html (Toshihiko Makita, forwarded by Eberlein, 10 July 2020)
- Kris; I forwarded this to the list; point is that there's a descrepancy between spec and grammar files. So which is correct, grammar files or spec? It depends as on how the content models are defined; Robert, any thoughts?
- Robert; I'm not certain. I'm looking at the DITA 1.2 spec and not remembering any deliberate changes to that, so I think spec is wrong, we didn't mean to add those @s.
- Kris; I'm not sure why some have @keyref and some not...
- Robert; I think for the onse without it, they;re not things you tend to have widely reusaable info.
- Kris; that's certainly true for userinput.
- Robert; I suppose we could come up with case for them to have reusable stuff, but it's unusual.
- Kris; anyone have concerns, or should we just change the spec?
- Zoe; I don't know why we's ever want to reuse any of them. but if you give option for keys, why wouldn't you want to be able to reuse them?
- Kris; it might have to do with rules for key resolution; some things get resolved as plain text and don't have any other XML markup with it. So why would you want to have a keyref on msgph? It may just not be so workable...
- Eliot; in general, the point of keyref is that the topic you're keyref'ing to is something that provides its value, so what would be providing the value?
- Kris; we're not limiting reuse, it's just that reusing this wouldn't be very workable.
- Robert; I just tried searching email archives; I'm not seeing a discussion on why or why not some have it and some don't, just a note from Eliot saying the element doesn't have it, with a question of why things do or do not have them.
- Kris; any objections to simply noting it as a bug in spec to be fixed in 2.0?
[no objections]
***ActionItem; Robert will add this item to wiki page for 2.0 spec fixes

8. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
Issue #361: Split syntaxdiagram from programming domain
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202007/msg00002.html (Anderson, 01 July 2020)
Robert moved, Deb 2nd,

Voting results:
yes votes: 13 (Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann)
no votes: 0

Initial discussion
Issue #351: Add multimedia elements to base (cont)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202007/msg00023.html (Eberlein, 28 July 2020)
- Kris; based on our July 7 discussion, I made a couple of changes to media-track content model and @s:
- Content model changed from "EMPTY" to "PCDATA"
- Added @srclang attribute
Anyone have any comments or questions?
- Kris; any objections to voting next week?
[none. vote next week]

9. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
Initial discussion
Remove machinery task
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202007/msg00019.html (Lawson, 28 July 2020)
- Zoe; most of the work has already been done, we're just taking this out of techcomm and we'll put it somewhere accessible so that people who want to can still use it. I did take Dawn's suggestion to add a bit of documentation about the content we'll be posting to Github.
- Kris; any questions or objections to vote next week
- Kris; Zoe will need to think about whether to just package DITA src, or generate some documentation; we can think about that when we decide on the repository for removed items...

Add hardware domain
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202007/msg00020.html (Lawson, 28 July 2020)
- Zoe; one bit of feedback pointed out when you have a partno, you might want to refer to a part catalog, so we might want to include the data element. So I tried to put that in without inheriting everything under the sun that didn't make sense; I'm not sure about the quality of the RNG, so if someone can check that, I'd appreciate it.
- Kris; I know we talked about constraints, did any of these change the ph keyword?
- Zoe; the way I had it working was listing things explicitly, so it's not a constraint.
- Kris; I see you added the data element; a data element won't give you a link, it just gives metadata about the partno.
- Zoe; I got that suggestion from Chris.
- Chris; doesn't data carry href?
- Kris; it does, but by default the data isn't rndered, you would need specialized processing to get the link.
- Chris; was the recommendation that we have some way to do it, or that there be an OOTB way to do it?
- Zoe; I believe it was just 'some way to do it.'
- Carsten; we can use a data element to connect to the metadata where the partno are defined.
- Kris; that's different from having an href. So, are we ready to vote next week? and Zoe, do you want me to do a test on the grammar file
- Zoe; yes
[no objections, so vote next week if Kris's grammar file tests are OK]]
***ActionItem Kris will verify grammar file content, both RNG and DTD.

- Zoe; I've been staring at the migration doc; one item I haven't wrapped my brain around is the just what to say about fact that we've split base and techcomm. I'm not sure how big a deal that will be.
- Kris; shall we discuss it now, or next week?
- Zoe; it may be something people neeed to think thru... some of it is also just figuring out what needs to change.
- Kris; Robert, what do you think?
- Robert; it may come out to, if people only working with base today, they can update to 2.0 and may only need the first chapter of the migration guide to do their migrations. But if they're using techcomm, which is really most users, they'll need to work through more of the guide.
- Kris; let's put this on agenda for next week. Also, Carlos, next week would be a good time to hear from LwD SC. You've raised thoughts with me offline, maybe they should be brought to TC as well. Do you want to bring them up today, or nextweek?
- Carlos; let's wait till next week.

12 noon ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison

Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 28 July 2020

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2020-08-01 10:56:25


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]