Subject: Re: [dita] Issue 33, remove @copy-to: Updated Stage 2 Proposal

Jim,

In this example the key is required in order to enable the cross references to specific uses of the topic. Doesn't have anything to do with the anchors.

That is, with resourceid, the keys are only there to enable source-to-source addressing (their primary purpose) and do not contribute (or do not necessarily contribute) to the definition of deliverable anchors.

I think that's one attraction of resourceid for anchor specification--it separates the internal source-level addressing concern (keys) from the deliverable control concern (resourceid).

However, when you *already have* a thorough and consistent use of keys it can make sense to also use those keys to determine deliverable anchors, avoiding the extra work of also specifying resourceids.

So which you prefer depends entirely on your content and workflow and what your processor does for you, but resourceid should always be an option that processors will support.

http://contrext.com