Subject: Re: [dita] Equation domain and learning assessments

It should be easy enough to add the mathml and equation domains to the out-of-the-box shell for learning content. I donât recall if we made a considered decision to omit it from learning contentâalmost certainly not since Iâm pretty sure I would have said âI need thatâ, so it must be an oversight.

http://contrext.com

From: <dita@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Dawn Stevens <dawn.stevens@Comtech-serv.com>
Date: Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 2:15 PM
To: dita <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hello all,

With the realization that we arenât going to fuss with the learning topic types, I still would like to ask this question as I do actually have new clients using this domain â in fact as soon as we shut down that work and the subcommittee, I gained three new clients who wanted to use it.

Anyway, I discovered today that the equation-domain and mathml is not included in any learning content, which causes problems for two of my clients who want to build math tests. We can obviously add it as a specialization, but I wondered if this was an oversight? It seems as though it should at least be allowed in lcAsset2 if not lcQuestion2.

I think the plan was to make the learningDomain compatible with 2.0 but not enhance. I wondered if this is an oversight if adding the domain could be part of that effort?

Dawn