Subject: Questions for the DITA 2.0 Webinar, Part II

  1. What will happen to the specializations removed from DITA 2.0? Who will maintain these specializations?
  2. Will DITA 2.0 be released in conjunction with a release of DITA-OT? If so, will the DITA-OT release also be not backwards-compatible?
  3. Why are you removing support for XSD instead of DTD? Will there be any resources available to people who need XSDs?
  4. Are you making any changes to the spec? If so, what are they?
  5. What resources are available to help people prepare to migrate to DITA 2.0?
  6. What tools currently offer support for DITA 2.0? What kind of support?
  7. Can you explain more about what relaxing rules for specialization means? And how will this effect interoperability?
  8. (For each presenter) What DITA 2.0 features do you like most?
  9. What is the plan for Lightweight DITA?

Can folks think of any more questions that we could prepare for? I'd rather have some questions in our back pocket, in case we don't actually get questions the day of the Webinar.

And I added #4 and #8 ...