Subject: Re: [dita] Tooling for DITA 2.0 reviews

Would Content Fusion be an option? SyncroSoft may be willing to grant us licenses specifically for this work.

http://contrext.com

From: <dita@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 9:04 AM
To: DITA TC <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [dita] Tooling for DITA 2.0 reviews

I'm going to see if we can get DITAWeb up and running this week. However, I know that Mekon:

  • No longer sells the product as a review tool
  • No longer is an OASIS member

So, I really don't know how responsive they will be if we need assistance.

We probably should brainstorm as to whether we have any alternatives.

We DO have requirements from OASIS that pertain to our use of non-OASIS tooling:

  • Our reviews must be viewable by the public.
  • We must be able to archive (in the OASIS document repository) the work of the review, that is, the comments made by all participants.

Our requirements on the TC side have been the following:

  • Reviewers must be able to see all the comments made by other reviewers.
  • The tool must support discussion between reviewers.
  • Editors must be able respond to comments, and indicate what work they have done in response.
  • It must be something that the reviewers can tolerate, that is, NOT Adobe PDF.

OASIS Distinguished Contributor
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)