Subject: Status of the Committee note

Greetings!

Eliot and I met last week. He is going to take the first stab at drafting the committee note because he has the technical expertise. I am going to assist with editorial review and general cat herding.

He will probably be starting from the skeleton of the note from my fork of the repository. (https://github.com/ZoeLawson/dita-committee-notes/tree/migrating)

I found the last conversation about the committee note, which was October of 2019.

Here is the message that includes a PDF of the skeleton Eliot has to work with: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201910/msg00133.html

And the little bit of discussion we had:
* Re: [dita] Starting thoughts on a migration document
This is a great list of audiences I didn’t even think of, thank you. In my brain, migration includes new things. A major reason you upgrade is to get new features, so you should know how to take advantage of them. However, I’...
OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC - Zoe Lawson - Wed Oct 16, 2019
        * Re: [dita] Starting thoughts on a migration document
Some specific thoughts about migration for practitioners who have created specialization or constraint modules ... For the most part, I think this can be handled almost with a simple flow (although I'm sure that I am...
OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC - Kristen Eberlein - Wed Oct 16, 2019
        * Re: [dita] Starting thoughts on a migration document
Let's think about audiences for this document. Below is a very rough start, done off the-top-of-my-head ... DITA practitioners who will be updating an implementation's document-type shells . These folks will ne...
OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC - Kristen Eberlein - Wed Oct 16, 2019
        * Re: [dita] Starting thoughts on a migration document
I can see a couple of ways to approach it and I'm honestly not sure which is best. Maybe both are appropriate, but for different audiences. Approaching things in sequence as individual items is most useful as a "this is what changed" ...
OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC - Mr. Robert Anderson - Tue Oct 15, 2019
        * Starting thoughts on a migration document
I have thoughts on a very (very) rough outline of a migration document for DITA 2.0. Overview of changes (would this be more or less detailed than the spec?) Migrating DITA Source Migrating DITA Tools Each Migrating secti...
OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC - Zoe Lawson - Tue Oct 15, 2019

Hoping the links work.

I think this covers my action item to resurrect the migration note conversation. Sorry it took me until this morning to write the email.

Zoë