Subject: Status of review Q: "Coding practices"

The following people participated in the review:

TC voting members + volunteers

Participation in review Q

Dawn Stevens

Kris Eberlein

Stan Doherty

Nancy Harrison

Eric Sirois

Robert Anderson

Gershon Joseph

Carsten Brennecke

Scott Hudson

Zoe Lawson

Bill Burns

Frank Wegmann

We need more information about the following comment:

Topic

Work to be done

Disposition

Page in (commented) PDF

1.1.2 DTD: Coding requirements for document-type shells

(Eliot) Ensure that the “Topic [or map] entity declarations” and “Topic [or map] element declarations” sections are parallel.

Unassigned

8

The following comments were marked as “ACCEPTED”:

Topic

Work to be done

Disposition

Page in (commented) PDF

1.1.7 DTD: Coding requirements for element-configuration modules

  • Ensure that “Migrating to DITA 2.0” information covers the fact that folks who added attributes in targeted way in DITA 1.x now can make “conforming” grammar files in DITA 2.0 by using expansion modules OR that folks can now add attributes to targeted elements -- not sure if we want to highlight that folks have previously broken the rules.
  • Implement related links where needed between configuration, coding practices, and examples of constraint and expansion.

Accepted

22

The following comments were marked as “DEFERRED”:

Topic

Work to be done

Disposition

Page in (commented) PDF

1.1.2 DTD: Coding requirements for document-type shells

Revise headers in grammar files and adjust wording in related topics (coding requirements, constraint and expansion examples, configuration)

Deferred

9

1.2.7 RELAX NG: Coding requirements for element-configuration modules

Clarify that DTD users do not need to have a element-configuration module for each element. They can configure several elements in the same file, as long as all elements are defined in the same vocabulary module.

Note: This is currently covered, but we could clarify it further if we return to the configuration topics.

Deferred

41

The two relevant PDF files are attached.

Owner, Eberlein Consulting LLC
kris@eberleinconsulting.com

Skype: kriseberlein; voice: +1 (919) 622-1501