Subject: Spec volunteers: Topic clusters where we need help

The following tables lists the topic clusters where Robert and I are asking for volunteer help:

Structural specialization

# of topics

Notes

Volunteer

Bookmap

33

These topics are in fairly good shape. The examples need to be introduced by paragraphs that explain what is shown in the example. Also, general editing following our DITA 2.0 guidelines need to be performed. Some of the shortdesc can probably use natural language …

Glossary

19

The examples need to be introduced by paragraphs that explain what is shown in the example. Also, general editing following our DITA 2.0 guidelines need to be performed.

The “new-to-DITA 2.0” sections need to be considered carefully. “Usage information” needs a careful edit. Should some info be included in the <shortdesc>? Is some info too much of a tutorial? Etc.

Some of the content might need to go in an architectural topic that focuses on processing …

Grouping

Domain

# of topics

Notes

Volunteer

Equation

4

The content in the new-to-DITA 2.0 sections needs to be carefully assessed.

MathML

1

The content in the new-to-DITA 2.0 sections needs to be carefully assessed.

SVG

2

The content in the new-to-DITA 2.0 sections needs to be carefully assessed. (“Usage information” should not contain examples!

Release management

11

All the examples currently point to <change-history-list>. Is this the best approach? If so, the example in <change-history-list> probably needs to contain more explanatory information.

Syntax diagram

16

Only needs light edits

xNAL

26

Examples need to be introduced. Topics contain draft comments authored by Robert Anderson.

Owner, Eberlein Consulting LLC
kris@eberleinconsulting.com

Skype: kriseberlein; voice: +1 (919) 622-1501