Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: XSL print StyleSheets

Thanks very much for the quick answer.

> He has an experimental version that
> does "chunking", that is, writing to many smaller HTML
> files.  It uses a different stylesheet driver file.  Instead
> of specifying the html/docbook.xsl driver file as your
> stylesheet, specify html/xtchunk.xsl as your stylesheet.

Thats exactly what I needed to know. And it works, kind of.

> Keep in mind that Norm's XSL stylesheets are still in
> development.

I'm well aware of that. The differences and shortcomings of the results
processed by XLS when compared with the DSSSL results are obvious. On
the other hand, as an open-source developer, I highly appreciate the
immense efforts that Norm and others have put into both pathes. I did
not mean to criticize but just needed a little help where there was no
documentation. Documentation _is_ lacking but as always the products to
be documented come first, which is a good idea :-)

Cheers,

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph Steinbeck (http://www.ice.mpg.de/departments/ChemInf)
MPI of Chemical Ecology, Carl-Zeiss-Promenade 10, 07745 Jena, Germany

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise.
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..