Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: jadetex formatting problems

Looking at Camille's bugs file

a) (page 1)  I can see the page number  in the toc for all 4 sections

b) (page 5)  The change to jade to make --- come out right has been
   explained on list list (or was it the XSL list?)

c) (page 5) The techniques for hyphenating long literals have also
   been done to death on these lists

d) (page 5) I cannot see any instruction in the code to say that the
    table head should stay with the body

e) (page 6) the title is NOT alone at the bottom of the page. the
   title is "Atitle alone at end of page reallyuglyreallyugly", and it is
   split across the page, so that the keep-with-next *is* honoured. Its
   ugly, I grant you, but not the problem as you describe it.

f) (page 7) same thing with the title.

Look at that long title which upsets you:

\HeadPar%
{\def\fFamName{Arial}\def\fWeight%
{bold}\def\fPosture%
{upright}\def\fSize%
{14.4\p@}\def\LineSpacing%
{18.72\p@}\def\LineSpacingFactor%
{0}\def\StartIndent%
{0\p@}\def\StartIndentFactor%
{0}\def\FirstLineStartIndent%
{0\p@}\def\FirstLineStartIndentFactor%
{0}\def\Quadding%
{start}\def\HeadingLevel%
{3}\def\sbNom%
{10.8\p@}\def\sbMin%
{10.8\p@}\def\sbMax%
{10.8\p@}\def\sbConditional%
{1}\def\saNom%
{7.2\p@}\def\saMin%
{7.2\p@}\def\saMax%
{7.2\p@}\def\saConditional%
{1}\def\KeepWithNext%
{1}}\Node%
{\def\Element%
{36}\def\ProcessingMode%
{title-sosofo-mode}}Atitle alone at end of page reallyuglyreallyugly\endNode{}\def\HeadingText{%
Atitle alone at end of page reallyuglyreallyugly}%
\endHeadPar{}

notice that you leave no latitude in the space before and after the
heading, and make it worse with a long strange word
"reallyuglyreallyugly". adjust the minimum and maximum space before,
give TeX some space to breath, and the title is not broken.

I am not blaming you here, Camille, I expect its the stylesheet; just
reminding people that TeX works on a constraint system. If you leave
it no latitude, you get poor results.

That said, jadetex 2.20 comes out tomorrow with a genuine bug fix
thrown up by Jorge.

Sebastian