Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: stylesheets availability

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, jmigoya@ingeteam.es wrote:
> I understand that they are improvements. They should not
> be changes in the elements meaning, for example. I have
> found, thought, thast it is not an easy task to migrate
> to a new version if you have made an extensive to medium
> customization. This is just my own experience, and could be
> that I'm not doing it the right way.

You should never customize your stylesheets changing the original
one. You should create a customization layer and include the original
stylesheets.

It isn't needed to keep old stylesheets with new ones because they're
backward compatible. New stylesheets work with old and new versions of
the DTD.

Sds,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.