Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Getting started on Linux?

(This might bounce as I don't remember whether I'm subscribed or not).

Is there any kind of a quick start or howto guide for formatting DocBook
documents using tools for Linux?

The main thing I want to accomplish is to format my documents into HTML,
with PDF coming in second.

I see a lot of tools and stylesheets and stuff available (Jade, etc.)
but I don't know how to put them all together.

I'm responsible for writing the documentation for the ZooLib
cross-platform application framework (http://zoolib.sourceforge.net).
We're going to use DocBook for it, and I'm afraid I haven't gotten
anywhere in getting any actually written in part because I don't know
how to build or use the toolchain.

ZooLib's author says he has a program that converts DocBook to HTML on
his linux distribution but I don't find on on Slackware 7.1.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com