Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: table question

[Moving this to docbook-apps]

/ Michael Smith <smith@xml-doc.org> was heard to say:
[...]
| First thing: the XSL stylesheets don't support <entrytbl> at all. So
| if you have docs with <entrytbl>'s in them and want to process them
| using XSLT, you'll need to create/add a custom <entrytbl> template.

The entrytbl element isn't part of the OASIS Exchange Table Model that
DocBook v5.0 will use, so I haven't been motivated to add support for
it.

| Also, in my experience at least, there are some complex tables (i.e.
| ones with multiple horizontal and vertical spans) that the XSL
| stylesheets won't process correctly, but the DSSSL stylesheets will.

Won't process correctly when you're producing HTML or print? If it's
HTML, I want to see the source :-) If it's print, well, my guess would
be that it's a formatter issue.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--