Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Making sure headers in tables are not too closetothe rule beside them

Bob,

> We've had this problem for a long time, and were hopeful to hear there
> is a solution.  However, after installing the latest JadeTex (wow, the
> bookmarks work now!  Thanks, Sebastian!), and DSSSL 1.64, we still don't
> get any margins in table cells. (Running DocBook 4.1).

Hmmm... I do.... ahh... but did you also apply the patches to openjade
that you need to apply?  Check out:

  http://indev.insu.com/openjade/

Because you have the new JadeTex, you can avoid all the JadeTex patches,
but you will need to patch and recompile openjade. (which you can get
from http://openjade.sourceforge.net/)

Apologies for not mentioning that earlier.

> 1) As those two lines are found in dbtable.dsl, why do you need to add
> them to your DSSSL customization layer?

You don't, if you are happy with the 3pt value.  If you want to change
the value, you *should* add them to your customization layer rather
than changing them directly in the file.

> 2) Is there a typo?  Shouldn't ...before-column margin% ...
>                             be ...before-column-margin% ... ?

Oops... yes, that is correct.  I was reading email remotely and
couldn't copy and paste from the file... so I just typed them in
and obviously forgot the critical '-' there.

> 3) Most important, why doesn't my PDF output show margins in table
> cells?  What am I missing?

How are you generating the PDF?  If you are ultimately calling
openjade, you will need to patch the program as mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        dyork@e-smith.com
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739