Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: pdf output

I am having a problem creating the correct pdf output. I am using Jade
to create a fot file from my sgml file and then I am using fot2pdf to
create my pdf file. In order for the print stylesheet to work I have
added the following file inside the docbook/print directory.

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY dbstyle SYSTEM "docbook.dsl" CDATA DSSSL>
]>

(root (make simple-page-sequence
            (make scroll)))

(element p (make paragraph))

<external-specification id="docbook"
document="dbstyle">

This seems to work when I run docbook.dsl from the
print stylesheet with my sgml file. The only problem is that I have a lot of
places where I use the <screen> tag since I need to show the  exact
computer output. When I convert my sgml file to html by using jade
everything looks great. However, when I convert my same sgml file to
fot and then to pdf I can't get it to recognize the line breaks and it
looks terrible. Do I need to add something to the stylesheet? Please help!