Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: [BUG] xref to a listitem in an orderedlist

At 01:15 20/09/2001 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>I used to  reference listitems using <xref/> in 1.24  stylesheets and it
>gave me the number of the listitem in the orderedlist.  In 1.44, it does
>not work anymore, "listitem" is not handled in common/labels.xsl.
>
>Am I wrong somewhere?  Thanks for your help!

Very generally, xref's should point at wrapper elements with an id value.
I.e. any element with only other elements as content.

I'd love to see a definitive list, but I don't think there is one.
Norm once described it as an element which has a title child,
but not for 'smaller' wrappers which don't have titles.
Norm did give this class of element a fancy name, but I've forgotten it.

HTH DaveP.