Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Various styles in one document

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:21:56AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Yann Dirson <ydirson@alcove.fr> was heard to say:
> | For example using different modes, I suppose.  Would it be possible to
> | define those styles in different stylesheets, and have them included
> | in the scope of a specific mode ?
>
> Modes in DSSSL are additive, they don't have to be nested. You can
> build your stylesheet from several modules (as the DocBook stylesheets
> are built) and simply put the modes
>
> (mode xxx
> )
>
> in each stylesheet.

My purpose was rather to use 3rd-party stylesheets (yours or some
other that would be derived from them), but have them restricted to
some mode so that they wouldn't interfere with the main mode.

This was however just a thought and doesn't really feets my needs, so
it was mostly an academic question.

However, with respect to modes, I'm running into a problem: if I have
a mode which has a default-element rule, and some element rules, I
can't find how, in a customisation layer, I can override this
default-element rule without overriding all the element rules at the
same time.  All I could thought of to have things working quickly was
to duplicate all those element rules.  Maybe you have an idea ?  Could
it be a bug in openjade ?  A limitation in the dsssl specs ?

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre