Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: ulinks in footnotes

Right, I understand.  However, the sgm file in question is being generated
from "collateindex.pl -o genindex.sgm HTML.index".

I was just about to look at the script and change it to use <link linkend
/> as you suggest, but find on line 470:

  # We can't use <LINK> because we don't know the ID of the term in the
  # original source (and, in fact, it might not have one).

The contents of genindex.sgm (generated) are:

<indexentry>
  <primaryie>Apache
  </primaryie>
  <secondaryie>log4j,
    <ulink url="#AEN533" role="AEN536">Application Logging and
Debugging</ulink>
  </secondaryie>
  <secondaryie>Tomcat,
    <ulink url="#AEN69" role="AEN74">JSP 1.2 Servlet Engine</ulink>
  </secondaryie>
</indexentry>

I'm not sure how the url="" entries are being generated, but would it not
be possible to change the script, and the stylesheet to insert into the
output an ID or something and use the <link linkend>???

This is currently beyond me (if it was just changing the script, that would
be easy)...  The version of collateindex.pl I have installed is 1.5.

Am I calling collateindex.pl correctly?

Mark

--On Thursday, September 27, 2001 16:53:52 -0400 Norman Walsh