Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Help project structure

Your right.  I answered a little to quickly.  I momentarily forgot that the
index was an html file and not a .hhk.

Thanks for the other info, I will keep that in mind.

Maggie

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cramer [mailto:dcramer@broadjump.com]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 11:50 AM
To: Maggie Strevell; Norman Walsh
Cc: denisb@rational.com; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Sounds like you know more about the inner workings of chms than I do.
With the stylesheets, in the index pane you do currently get to select
from a list of pages that contain an indexterm if more than one contain
that term. Jirka's stylesheets don't actually generate an .hhk, but put
code in the html files that lets the help compiler generate the index
without an .hhk.

What I have in mind is something in the topic itself and which connects
that topic to all other topics which are related to it. This is
different from the popup that you get in the index (which only lists
topics containing that indexterm).

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but there's no constraint in the dtd
regarding indexterms used in multiple places--in fact it's kind of
expected. For example, in a pdf, to have the following index entry
generated:

network adapters, 55, 73, 82

requires that you have the markup <indexterm><primary>network
adapters</primary></indexterm> in three separate places in your
document.

David