Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Chunked documents inside frames

Allthough,  I agree in principle, that the use of frames is a huge sin.
When frames are required, it would be
nice to have some control over the target attribute in the HTML element
"a". otherwise we will risk the effect of cascaded frames.

This could be done by creating an empty template in chunk.xsl called
navig.target with one parameter direction (possible values 'prev','next',
'up' and 'home'. The template could then be called from appropiate places
in e.g. the templates "header.navigation" and "footer.navigation" in the
file html/chunk.xsl

Maybe a similar approach would be appropiate  for the template ulink in
htnl/xref.xsl

---

Similar when using chunks indside frames, it is sometimes unessary to have
a root chunk, since that information is avalible in some of the other
frames, So e.g. with an noroot.chunk parameter, a chunked book document
will consists of a number of capter chuncks and posible subsection chunks
?

Regards

Jens