Subject: Re: xsltproc and tablecolumns.extension (was Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Noframes around tables - how to activate Saxon extensions for Norman Walsh's XSL1.48?)

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:27:14AM -0800, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> >> No adjustColumnWidths function available.  Processing terminated by
> >> xsl:message at line 183
>
> I, too, have this problem and I'm using PassiveTeX, but I'm using
> xsltproc (from libxslt).  I think that xsltproc doesn't yet implement
> that extension.  Any word (Daniel V.?) on whether that is planned or
> even possible at some stage in xsltproc?

   Hum, planned not really, possible, sure I take patches :-)
Seriously there is already a saxon.c module in libexslt containing some
evaluations and expressions extensions.

> It's not part of the exsl
> extension set, it's one of Norm's own Java classes, is that correct?
> Perhaps a near equivalent in, or proposed for, exsl?

  I am supposed to discuss the status of those extensions and lib(e)xslt
with Norm next week. Having a list an description of those extensions
could be really useful :-)

  Depending on your platform and requirement and the kind of extension
functions it may be doable to write them as Python extensions,
    http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/python.html

but if they get required for DocBook processing I would prefer to keep them
at the C level for maximum availability.

Daniel