Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: ListItem

Hi Lars,

I am not going to explain what and why DocBook tools produce.
But for HTML 4.01, the LI element can contain block or inline
elements (zero or more). The P is the block element where the <p> tag
is required and the </p> tag is optional. Thus, the following

   <ul>
   </ul>

is O.K.  But also, the string of characters is _inline_.
Thus, the following

   <ul>
   <li>Some text</li>
   </ul>

is also O.K.   I guess that it depends on the browser if the two
cases will be rendered the same way or differently.

I am not good in DocBook, yet.  But I would
expect the first case to be produced from your source,
because you explicitly says that you want "para"
inside the list item.

See you,
  Petr