Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: [DOCBOOK-APPS] Help needed formatting HTML fromXML/XSL

Bob> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 07:21:09AM +0100, Tim Timmerman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm scratching my head here, trying to figure out what I'm doing
>> wrong..

<snip: html version with table of contents but no chapter/section heads>

Bob> I'm not sure I understand this problem.
Bob> Could you clarify which of your output example
Bob> is meant to be tables of contents?
     What I was calling a table of contents was the first block, ie.
     1. This is chapter 1
	   This is section 1 of chapter 1
	   This is section 2 of chapter 2

     Then there is a per chapter table of contents as well..

Bob> When I process your sample file with xsltproc
Bob> or Saxon, I get what you want (I think).
Bob> It appears from your sample out that
Bob> XalanC is losing the section titles.
Bob> If so, that's a pretty big bug.
Bob> You might try another processor.
Bob> --
     I can confirm that I get the expected result (i.e. text formatted
     with section heads) when I use xsltproc. Starting to look like a
     big bug, indeed. (verified this with the original Xalan build..)

     I'll try and verify this with the Java version of Xalan, and am
     open to other suggestions of (C/C++ or Java based) opensource
     solutions to try.

     Yours,
	TimT.

--