Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: jadetex and orphan section headings

I've raised this issue before -- the propensity of jadetex to produce
orphan section or subsection headings, particularly in text with lots
of short sections.  But it's biting me again and it's important
(orphan section headings being one of the most egregious marks of poor
typesetting), and I wonder if anyone has found a work-around.

I'm aware of the modification to jadetex.cfg put out by Mandrake, that
can help under some circumstances, but it's a hack that doesn't solve
the problem.  Jadetex tells TeX, "Right before a section heading is a
nice place to put a page break", and the hack changes this to "Right
before a section heading is a VERY nice place to break a page", but
what needs to be said (somehow) is rather "Right after a section
heading is a totally unacceptable place to break a page".  Does anyone
have an idea of how to do this?

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics