Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Producing two-sided output doesn't work

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Rory Hunter wrote:

> > Now I have upgraded from JadeTex v2.7 to v3.12, and OpenJade v1.3 to
> > v.1.3.1. The header and footer alternation is now working, but when I
> > generate PDF or PS files the layout is changed.
>
> How are you generating your PDFs? If you're using dvipdf, then you need
> something like;

I generate PDF:s using sgml2x, which in turn uses ps2pdf. I found out that
printing the "clipped PDF file" results in a non-clipped paper document.
If I convert with ps2pdf myself using -sPAPERSIZE=a4 the PDF looks good
even on-screen. Somehow the paper size information gets lost with the new
JadeTex version but that's really no big problem.

The horizontal text body placement remains to solve, though. ;-)

  Regards,

  Markus