Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Table frame, colsep attributes ignored in HTML

/ "Bradford, Denis" <denisb@rational.com> was heard to say:
| We want to do some tables like this:
|
| ----------------------------------
| Col Head 1  Col Head 1
| ----------------------------------
| Cell 1          Cell 2
| ----------------------------------
| Cell 1          Cell 2
| ----------------------------------
|
| The following code renders fine in old DSSSL print FOSI. But HTML generation
| using chunk.xsl ignores table frame and colsep attributes below. Tested with
| db.xsl V 1.48 and 1.50:

| <title>Titled Table Without Column Separators</title>
| <thead>
|   <row>
|     <entry colname="col1">Column heading 1</entry>
|     <entry colname="col2">Column heading 2</entry>
|   </row>
| </thead>
| <tbody>
|   <row>
|     <entry colname="col1">Row1 Cell 1 text</entry>
|     <entry colname="col2">Row1 Cell 2 text</entry>
|   </row>
|   <row>
|     <entry colname="col1">Row2 Cell 1 text</entry>
|     <entry colname="col2">Row2 Cell 2 text</entry>
|   </row>
|
| The HTML table simply has <TABLE BORDER="1">, as if we had set frame=all. I
| tried turning on table.borders.with.css, but then I lose all table borders,
| including those with frame=all. Is there some parameter(s) I'm missing?

If you're losing all the borders, I suspect that you may be using a
browser that doesn't do CSS properly on tables. You should get borders
above and below with the table you've presented.

To get lines between all the rows, add "rowsep='1'" to the <tgroup>.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

P.S. I've also fixed some bugs as I investigated this problem, so the
next release will help, too ;-)

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Time makes more converts than
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | reason.--Tom Paine