Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DocBook XSL slow to process due to l10n.xml, keys

/ Mike Brown <mike@skew.org> was heard to say:
| But, in my opinion, failing to be lazy about xsl:key index preparation is not
| really a shortcoming in a processor. The XSLT spec is at fault for not
| providing a way to specify to which documents keys should apply. A stylesheet
| could potentially use a key on any of the source trees provided.

I don't recall seeing this on the spec comments list. Nor do I recall
seeing it addressed in the XSLT 2.0 draft I'm reading. I'll try to
remember to bring this up.

| some clever xsl:importing or document() calls to include wrappers for only the
| subset of l10n entities that you need.

There's no facility for dynamic imports. I suppose the l10n code could
be rewritten to load languages on demand, I'll have to think about
that.

In the meantime, if you only write in English, you can edit your copy
of l10n.xml so that it doesn't refer to any of the other languages.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The things we have most longed for