Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: customized HTML-Layout of output files

Joachim,

Here is an outline of solution based on the following layout. Names in
drawing is frame target names.

    |--------|-------------------------------|
    |        |         head                  |
    |        |-------------------------------|
    |        |                               |
    | navbar |                               |
    |        |   chunkarea                   |
    |        |                               |
    |--------|-------------------------------|

Note the stylesheet utilises XSLT 1.1 elements (multiple document
output) (supported by Saxon in xsl:document)

Another thing you should be aware of, is that the navigation bar of your
chunked documents should properly be modified. Especially the reference
to the Home and/or Up link (Be carefull not to create recursive frames).

<xsl stylesheet xmlns:xsl="..." version="1.1">
  <xsl:import href="docbok-xsl/html/chunk.xsl">   <!-- Norms chunk
stylesheet -->

  <!-- Chunking parameter -->

  <xsl:param name="root.filename" select="firstpage">

<xsl:template match="/">

  <!--  Chunk the document : Note root chunk will be called firstpage
-->
  <xsl:apply-imports />

  <xsl:message>Creating volume <xsl:number value="$volnum" />
framemaster page </xsl:message>

  <!--  Create the frame master for this document -->
  <xsl:call-template name="create-frame-master" />

  <!--  Create the header for the master document -->
  <xsl:call-template name="create-header">
    <xsl:with-param name="css" select="'../style/bars.css'" />
    <xsl:with-param name="img" select="'../images'" />
   </xsl:call-template>

  <!--  Create the toolbar page for this document -->
  <xsl:message>Creating volume <xsl:number value="$volnum" />
navigationbar page </xsl:message>

  <xsl:document href="navbar.html" method="html">
      <head><link rel="stylesheet" href="../style/bars.css"
type="text/css" /></head>

         Something here: e.g. links to chapters, appendixes.
         Note, that each link should point to rhe target chunkarea.

  </xsl:document>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="create-frame-master">
   <xsl:document href="frame-master.html" method="html">
       <frameset framespacing="0" frameborder="0" cols="140,*">
         <frame src="navbar.html" name="navbar" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" framespacing="0" frameborder="0" border="0" />
         <frameset framespacing="0" frameborder="0" rows="95,*">
           <frame src="head.html" name="head" noresize="noresize"
scrolling="no" />
           <frame src="firstpage.html" name="chunkarea" scrolling="auto"
/>
         </frameset>
       </frameset>
   </xsl:document>
 </xsl:template>

<!--  ===============================================================
-->
<!-- Fuction: Create a header document
       Params:  All paramaeters are required

         css:  name of styleheet file
         img:  name of image directory

-->

<xsl:template name="create-header">
  <xsl:param name="css" />
  <xsl:param name="img" />
  <xsl:document href="head.html" method="html">
      <head>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$css}" type="text/css" />
      </head>
          <xsl:value-of select="//bookinfo/title" />
          <xsl:variable name="volnum" select="//bookinfo/volumenum" />
          Volume <xsl:number value="$volnum" />
          <xsl:value-of select="//bookinfo/subtitle" />
          Version <xsl:value-of
select="//bookinfo/revhistory/revision[1]/revnumber" />
          [
          <xsl:value-of select="//bookinfo/revhistory/revision[1]/date"
/>
          ] -
          <xsl:value-of select="//bookinfo/corpauthor" />
  </xsl:document>
</xsl:template>

Regards

Jens