Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: change header in glossary xsl fo

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 12:02:19AM +0200, zope-mailinglist wrote:
> hello
>
> i think i understood something wrong, hm
> i try to customize the header in my glossary, because for some reason,
> the title of the last chapter of my book is in there ?!
> seems to be a bug i think, normally the title of the glossary should
> appear in the header of a glossary, right?
>
> for testing it i put this in my custom.xsl:
>
> <xsl:template match="glossary" mode="running.head.mode">
> <xsl:text>hello the running head</xsl:text>
> </xsl:template>
>
> but this has no effect on the pdf output

That's not surprising since the running.head.mode
outputs the proper <fo:> tags around the text to
get it to appear in the running head.

The running.head.mode outputs only chapter or appendix
information in the current 1.51.1 fo stylesheets.  If your
glossary is a separate element following your last chapter
(not inside the chapter), then it should have no running head at all.
If it does, then that's a fo processor bug.

If your glossary element is inside your last chapter
element, then that explains why the running head is for the
last chapter.

Assuming you put your glossary as a sibling element
after your last chapter, you still want the running head to show.
It looks like adding the glossary to the list of
elements with a running head is not that simple.
You'd have to copy the entire template
<xsl:template match="chapter|appendix" mode="running.head.mode">
from pagesetup.xsl to your customization file and then
change the match to "glossary", or perhaps to
"chaper|appendix|glossary" if you plan further
customizations of all the running heads.
The reason the template is so long is that it outputs
the <fo:static-content> elements and handles
the left/right/center alignment based on the
master page type.

Or you could file an RFE on the DocBook SourceForge site
to request that change for the next distribution.  8^)

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com