Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: PassiveTex improvement project

[snip!]
> So, what are the glitches that prevent you from putting PassiveTex
> into production for high quality PDF output?

When I found out that the current version of Fop has very little
support for keep-*, I started looking at PassiveTeX.

My problem was that keep-with-next="always" on section headings
weren't used, so section headers ended up on the previous page from
the rest of the sections, which looked a bit silly.

But searches on the net seemed to indicate that PassiveTeX had similar
problems with keep-*, and there were no debian package to apt-get, so
I never got around to trying it and verifying this.

<digression>
None of the ->RTF converters I've tried, jfor, xfc, or the Jade DSSSL
DocBook->RTF stylesheet, have supported keep- satisfactorily, either.

I wonder what makes keep-* so hard to implement?
</digression>