Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: docbook.dsl SGML-only?

/ Erik Price <erikprice@mac.com> was heard to say:
| Okay.  According to that error message, that the file named
|
| /sw/share/sgml/dsssl/docbook-dsssl-nwalsh/print/docbook.dsl
|
| contains the following line
|
| <!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style
| Sheet//EN" [
|
| and that OpenJade wants to know how to resolve this public identifier
| into a SYSTEM file.  This is my best guess.  The problem is that I am

Right. You need a catalog file for Jade to find it's doctypes. But
they're part of the Jade distribution so adding a '-c' catalog to your
Jade command line ought to fix it.

| Should I manually add a line to the catalog file that does a mapping
| here?  And if so, what file on my SYSTEM should I map this PUBLIC
| identifier to?

On my system, this catalog exists in the directory where Jade was installed.
Make sure you've got a catalog like this on your SGML_CATALOG_FILES path or
on a -c argument to Jade.

PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Flow Object Tree//EN" "fot.dtd"
PUBLIC "ISO/IEC 10179:1996//DTD DSSSL Architecture//EN" "dsssl.dtd"
PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" "style-sheet.dtd"

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Is your cucumber bitter? Throw it