Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: variablelist attributes

All,

I am new to docbook. Any help with the following problem is appreciated.

I need to convert docbook sgml 4.1 documents to manpage format. The
docbook-to-man program is creating ugly *roff format, especially in the
OPTIONS section. I've looked at another company's sgml, and they get nicer
format from using the "termlength" attribute on <variablelist> and "remap"
on <term>. The values for each attribute seem somewhat arbitrary, and I
don't know where they get defined.

Thanks,

Tom Olsen
LSI Logic, Inc.