Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Graphic adminitions missing in PDF file generatedfrom XSL-FO

At 21:21 14/11/02 -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 03:38:48PM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> > >
> > > No, I want to say that the PDF file doesn't contain le admonition
> (graphic
> > > + text).
> > >
> > > Sorry for the misconfusion. My english isn't fluent.
> > >
> > > I join the pdf file to this mail to prove my sayings.
> > >

> > OK, I got it.  The entire <note> element disappears
> > in the PDF output when processed with FOP and with
> > 'admon.graphics' set to 1.
> >
> > Graphical admonitions are formatted in a two-column table,
> > with the graphic in the left column.  This problem is
> > partially caused by the fo/docbook.xsl stylesheet not
> > outputting any <fo:table-column> elements to specify the
> > column widths.  In XEP output, this results in two columns
> > of equal size (ugh).  In FOP output, the entire table
> > fails because FOP requires column width specifications.
> >
> > I filed a bug report on SourceForge for this.  I think the
> > stylesheet should probably use an <fo:list-block>
> > instead of a table in this situation.
> >
> > In the mean time, you'll have to give up on graphical
> > admonitions in FOP.
>
>Actually, I found some time to address this bug.
>I rewrote the 'graphical.admonition' template in
>fo/admon.xsl in the stylesheets to use a fo:list-block
>instead of a fo:table.  Now it works in both FOP
>and XEP with graphical admonitions.  If you want
>it immediately, you can get it from the DocBook
>SourceForge CVS repository, or wait until the next
>release.

GOOOOD, it works for me.

May I suggest you a little modification (or enhancement). Now the graphic
adminition appears but the title 'Note' appears too. In DSSSL stylesheet,
the both are not present at the same time.

Is it a mistake ?

If no, is it possible to declare a new param 'admon.graphics.hide-title'
(or anything else) ?

Thanks Bob for your help.