Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] HTMLHelp: links to explicitly named anchors seem broken

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:43:37AM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
>
> >Here is an excerpt from the generated toc.hhc:
> >
> >      <param name="Name" value="Utilities">
> >      <param name="Local" value="ch02s02.html#id2978761">
> >    </OBJECT><UL><LI> <OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
> >      <param name="Name" value="Notepad">
> >      <param name="Local" value="ch02s02.html#sec:notepad">
> >
> >As an example, the TOC link to 'Utilities' is fine, but the link to
> >the explicitly named 'Notepad' sends the browser searching for a
> >non-local URL.  Debugging is not straightforward, since the HTML Help
> >browser doesn't give much away about what it's doing.
>
> Just an idea: try changing colon in your id to something else (eg.
> sec:notepad -> sec.notepad). Colons in URL can confuse IE.

Thanks Jirka -- your mail arrived just as I was replying to myself on
the list.  I did, indeed, do this and it worked.  As I wrote in
another mail, it is only a bug in links from the TOC -- links to
anchors with colons in their names within the HTML itself seem to work
fine.  I can only assume it's a bug in IE.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net
mailto:phoadley@maths.adelaide.edu.au