Subject: Blank pages and title formatting in XSL-FO

Hi. I've only recently begun using DocBook, so I
apologize if these questions have already been
answered or are embarrassingly easy. I've managed to
customize a lot of features to get the PDF output
looking the way I want, but there are a few things
that I can't figure out.

1) How to remove blank pages from double-sided output

2)How to modify the way chapter and section titles
appear. If possible, I'd like them to look something
like this:

				Chapter 1
Introduction

1.1
___
Assumptions

I'm using Epic Editor 4.3.1, which uses a slightly
outdated version of DocBook (most of the files date
from 2002).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
kary