Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Caching the DocBook dtd when using PSGML

Taro Ikai wrote:

> Thank you for your help. I got it to work. What confused me was:
>

>>And then setup catalog for precompiled DTD /some/path/ecatalog:
>>
>>PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN" "docbookx.ced"
>

> I am still baffled by the extension '.ced'.

This is common extension for precompiled DTDs used by PSGML. You can
change it to whatever else you like.

> That was good. Now, I have run into a minor annoyance.
> Everytime PSGML mode resolves a DTD reference with the catalog,
> it opens a new Emacs buffer and displays a message that looks like this:

And you have just XML catalog or do you have also plain text catalog?
PSGML can't deal with XML catalog and this might be source of your problems.

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
   http://www.kosek.cz

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature